Small steps - little things you can do
- If groups are not really your thing, the real power of our movement is in kindness - smile and say hello - kindness is contagious!
- Plant some edibles by a bus stop, tow path, disused cemetery, anywhere that needs some TLC
- Open up your garden to the public and grow edibles. Put a Help Yourself sign. Believe us it works, and your life is richer for it
- Treasure all that is good and shop locally. We know sometimes its hard, but when the chips are down we are only as strong as our local community. 20 shops a day are closing , use your pub, community hall, local transport or be prepared to lose it.
- Source your food from the nearest farm, bakery, dairy that you can, within 30 miles is good
- Put a library in your train station with free books or adopt a disused red phone box and fill it full of books
- Throw some seed bombs into disused land
- Pick up a piece or two of litter, its good exercise and sets a fine example to others
- Arrange a seed swap or welly walk
- Let your children climb a tree, get muddy, eat dirt!
* we take no liability for these ;)
Take it a step further
- Schools and learning places really need help to encourage children to grow. Maybe you can make a touch with a school or residential home that needs help.You might already be promoting local business and growing local food under your own organisation’s banner, perhaps become a ‘friend’ and join the incredible family.
- Find out more in Work with Us. Or find out where your nearest IE group is and volunteer your services.
- Most groups will snap up any skills on offer and if you've a lot or a little to offer there is normally something for every to do.
Jump in - start a new group
You don’t have to go large to set up an Incredible Edible group. If there is not already one in our area, you could start with your own village or street or even with just some neighbours. Its enthusiasm and commitment to the ethos that’s important.
You are not alone, the network can help. Visit our Start a Group page for more information.
Let us help
- You could book a tour with an established IE group and find out what’s been done and how you could do it.
- Ask if a local IE member to come and do a presentation to your group.
- Ask for help - email us and we will be able to answer your question or find a group that can.